NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Hill’s Shelter Tales Contest (the “Contest”) may only be entered by animal shelter organizations located in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are, as of the time of entry and for the duration of the Contest, current shelter partners of the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love® program (each, an “entrant”) and entries originating from any other jurisdiction or by any entrant that does not meet these criteria are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
1. How to Enter. Each Contest submission shall consist of a story of an animal adoption from the entrant in the form of (a) a photograph or (b) a video, in each case, in the formats specified in Section 3 of these Official Rules. To enter the Contest, an eligible entrant [through its authorized representative who must: who must: (a) be a legal resident of the United States; (b) be over the age of 18; (c) reside in the United States during the Contest Period and at the time of fulfillment; (d) have permission from the entrant to participate in the Contest on behalf of the entrant; and (e) have the authority to legally bind the entrant as more fully described below] must go to https://hillssheltertales.us.launhpad6.com (“Contest Site”), read the Official Rules, complete the online entry form (including the title of the entry, shelter name, contact email address of the authorized representative submitting the entry on behalf of the entrant, and solely for photograph submissions, a written description of the animal adoption story represented by the photograph), follow the instructions to confirm that you have read and agree (both on your own behalf and on behalf of the entrant) to be legally bound by the Official Rules, follow the instructions to upload a Contest submission (in the form of a photograph or a video, in each case, in the formats specified in Section 3), and click the “submit” button. Each entrant’s entry information, together with the accompanying photograph or video, as applicable, shall be collectively referred to herein as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. Each entrant may make multiple Submissions, but no more than one (1) Submission per entrant may be selected as a Finalist. Entrants are invited, but not obligated, to post their Submissions on their Facebook pages together with the hashtags #HillsFoodShelterLove and #Contest. Posting a submission on Facebook is not a valid form of Contest entry and will not increase an entrant’s chance of being selected as a Finalist.
By entering, the authorized representative of each entrant (both on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the entrant) warrants and represents the following with respect to each of the entrant’s Submissions: (a) the individual making the Submission on behalf of entrant is an authorized representative of entrant and has the full right and authority to act on behalf of entrant in all matters related to the Contest; (b) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (c) the Submission is entrant’s own creation; (d) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (e) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be filmed or photographed and for the applicable video or photograph submissions to be used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to require third party releases from any third party included in any Submission at any time. Failure to produce fully executed third party releases (if applicable) may result in disqualification of the Submission, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s grant to Sponsor of a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), for any legal purpose whatsoever.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries, including Submissions, become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time on September 5, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time on October 11, 2017 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period schedule is as follows:
The authorized representative of each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Further, the authorized representative of each entrant understands and agrees (both on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the entrant) that neither he/she nor the entrant shall have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including, but not limited to, interpretation and application of these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, the authorized representative of each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees (both on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the entrant) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5(a). Judging/Judging Criteria. All Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria. All Submissions will be judged based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria: (a)uniqueness of the Submission, (b) whether the Submission encourages positive action with respect to pet adoption, (c) whether the Submission tells a compelling story, and (d) whether the submission would positively impact the shelter community. Judges will select twenty (20) finalists (collectively, “Finalists” and each individually, a “Finalist”) to be entered into a public voting period (the “Public Finalist Voting Period”). No more than one (1) Submission per entrant may be selected as a Finalist Submission. In the event of the need to break a tie between two or more Submissions to select the Finalists, the Submission selected by the Sponsor’s U.S. Brand Manager, based on an equal weighting of the above criteria, will be deemed the Finalist. Prior to the beginning of the Public Finalist Voting Period, Each Finalist’s authorized representative will be required to sign and return, both on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the applicable Finalist, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and/or other rights transfer document. Additionally, the authorized representatives of the Finalists may be required to submit releases from any and all third parties appearing in the Finalists’ respective Submissions. Should a Finalist’s authorized representative fail to meet these requirements, such Finalist will be disqualified and the entrant with the next highest number of votes will become a Finalist.
5(b). Public Finalist Voting Period. After the twenty (20) Finalists are chosen, the Finalist Submissions will be posted in a gallery on the Contest Site to be voted on by the public during the Public Finalist Voting Period, which begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time on September 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on October 11, 2017.
Voters must reside in the United States at the time of voting. Voters can vote for a Submission by clicking on the Submission of their choice on the Finalist Page based on the following public voting criteria:(a)uniqueness of the Submission, (b) whether the Submission encourages positive action with respect to pet adoption, (c) whether the Submission tells a compelling story, and (d) whether the submission would positively impact the shelter community. Limit one (1) vote per person per day (defined as a 24-hour period) of the Public Finalist Voting Period. Multiple voters are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any voter to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other method will void that voter’s vote. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including engaging in vote-farming or vote-exchanges or offering prizes or other inducements to members of public, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify any and all such votes and to disqualify from Contest the responsible entrant. The three (3) video Submissions and the two (2) photograph Submissions with the highest numbers of eligible votes (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) at the end of the Public Finalist Voting Period will be deemed the potential winner (subject to confirmation). In the event of the need to break a tie between two or more Submissions to select the winning Finalists, the Finalist Submission selected by the Sponsor’s U.S. Brand Manager, based on an equal weighting of the above criteria, will be deemed the winning Finalist.
All votes are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor): (i) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any vote entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (ii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification of the applicable vote(s) that cannot be verified to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: JUST BECAUSE A NUMBER OF VOTES MAY APPEAR ON A CONTEST LEADERBOARD OR OTHERWISE DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE ENTRANT ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE VOTES IS OR WILL BE A WINNER. ANY OR ALL VOTES MAY BE VERIFIED BY THE SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON. ANY SUCH PUBLIC DISPLAY OF VOTES IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. ONLY THE SPONSOR CAN DEEM AN ENTRANT TO BE AN ELIGIBLE WINNER.
6. Prizes. Grand Prize: $10,000 USD donation to the shelter featured in each winning Submission. There will be five (5) Grand Prize winners (three (3) video Submissions and two (2) photograph Submissions) for a total approximate retail value of $50,000 USD. One prize only per shelter. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s).
7. Notification. On or about October 18, 2017, the authorized representatives of the potential winning entrants will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided in their Submissions and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Continued Eligibility within ten (10) calendar days of prize notification. Additionally, to the extent not submitted prior to the Public Finalist Voting Period, the authorized representatives of the potential winning entrants may be required to submit releases from any and all third parties appearing in the potential winning entrants’ respective Submissions. If the authorized representative of any potential winning entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, rejects the prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest number of eligible votes. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. Conditions. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified for Sponsor’s use, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use its Submission; name; address (city and state); the name, voice, photograph, or other likeness of any person appearing in the Submission; and/or any statements made by each winner or its representatives regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, the authorized representative of each entrant agrees (both on his/her own behalf and on behalf of the entrant) to release and hold harmless Sponsor and itsadvertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
9. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth in Section 1 above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder and of his/her authorization to enter the Contest on behalf of the applicable entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry or voting information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter or otherwise participate in the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest Site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST SITE AND/OR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Disputes; Governing Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Kansas.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF KANSAS WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the state of Kansas. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
14. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, visit the Hill’s Pet Nutrition Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HillsPet/ or https://hillssheltertales.us.launchpad6.com, where the winner list will be posted after confirmation is complete and until December 6, 2017.
15. Sponsor. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Topeka, KS 66603.
16. Trademark. Hill’s is a trademark of Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.